A stomach ulcer, also known as gastric ulcer is a lesion or sore that normally develops in the inner lining of the stomach.
When an ulcer occurs in the upper part of the intestine (duodenum), it is called Duodenal Ulcer.
According to the American Gastroenterological Association, gastric ulcer normally occurs on the lining of the stomach or upper part of the stomach. About four million people have stomach ulcers, and one in every ten people suffer from an ulcer at least once in their lifetime.
The major causes of stomach ulcer are by the bacterium Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) and irritation of the stomach lining by hydrochloric acid (Zollinger- Ellison Syndrome). Other factors include;
- Excessive use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID’s)
- Radiation therapy
- Drinking excessive alcohol
- Poor dieting
- Burns and physical injury to the stomach
How do you know you have a stomach ulcer?
The most outstanding symptom of a stomach ulcer is a burning sensation or pain in your abdomen.
The pain might last from a few minutes to several hours, depending on the severity of the ulcers.
You might also experience symptoms such as;
- Excessive belching
- Weight loss.
A stomach ulcer can affect people of different ages. If left untreated, the ulcer might get worse and result in a bleeding ulcer or even a hole in the stomach.
Fortunately, there are several home remedies to get rid of stomach ulcer. These home remedies for stomach ulcer protect and strengthen the stomach lining against stomach acids.
However, it is advisable to consult your doctor to ensure long-term relief.
This article highlights the eight most effective home remedies to get rid of stomach ulcer.
Banana could be all you need to get rid of stomach ulcer. Both ripe and unripe bananas can be very effective in treating an ulcer.
Research shows that they are certain anti-bacterial in bananas that inhibit the growth of ulcer-causing H. pylori.
What’s more, bananas neutralize the acidity of the gastric juice. This aids in protecting and strengthening the stomach lining.
- To treat an ulcer, start with at least three ripe bananas a day.
- Alternatively, Make banana powder by peeling two or three bananas and cut them into tiny slices.
- Sundry the slices and grind them into a fine powder. Make a mixture of two tablespoons of this banana powder and a teaspoon of honey. Take this mixture thrice daily for about a week.